An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Estimator/Sales Support to join our team in Belfast.
KCC Architectural are a market leading company within the construction sector. We work with architects, contractors, quantity surveyors, engineers, designers and other construction professionals on projects across all sectors offering a ‘Full Package’ integrated solution. We have a strong portfolio of world-leading brands and products in door hardware and ironmongery, automatics and access control, hospitality locking systems, movable walls, steel glazing systems, fire rated screens and doors, concealed frame riser door systems, steel doors and automatic opening ventilation systems, in addition to a full Service & Maintenance division operating across Ireland and Northern Ireland. We work with our clients from design stage straight through to installation on-site, and our in-house Service division offers further peace of mind that both the client and end user are in good hands. We currently operate across Ireland, Northern Ireland, the UK and the Middle East.
About the role
The position of Trainee Estimator /Sales Support for the Service Division is being created to support the ongoing Company growth plans for the Division and is a very important role in achieving the Company’s long-term growth targets. The role will involve communicating with and supporting the current Sales Team, Suppliers, Installation Engineers & Administration Team – strong communication skills and an attention to detail are required.
Further essential skills are the ability to review/understand construction drawings, strong numerical skills and excellent Excel/Word skills. As Trainee Estimator, you will support the Estimator in pricing all work for the Service Division including FDI. You will enjoy being part of the team and take pride in achieving targets while also having some technical knowledge with the ability to take on technical information quickly. A degree of Administration duties will also be included within this role.
Estimator Job Duties:
- Address all Service enquiries – contact the Customer to inform them of when they can expect to receive a full Specification & price
- Responsibility for managing the recording of quotes on the system in an organised fashion
- Work closely with the Internal Sales Support Team, to ensure all Projects are tracked and have the correct information on the system
- Build strong relationships with our Suppliers and to manage the return of prices in a timely manner
- Support the External Sales Team with potential Customer’s requests for technical information, updated quotes or any product certification, as required
- Report back on any market information obtained about Competitors i.e. Competitors prices, Quote turnaround time or any information that would be of interest to Senior Management.
- Develop a strong Product knowledge and to keep up to date with current Technologies and relevant standards
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Outgoing personality
- Attention to detail
- Strong Excel/Word skills
- Analysing Technical Information
- Ability to read and understand Construction drawings
- Strong time management skills
- Some knowledge of Access Control, Automatics and Ironmongery (e.g. ADSA, GAI etc.) would be advantageous, but is not essential
You will receive full Product training but a strong technical understanding & experience within the Construction Industry would be an advantage.
Please apply with Covering letter & recent CV.
Job Type: Full-time