Specification Manager Required – Construction
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Specification Manager to join one of the leading companies within the construction sector. KCC Architectural are a widely diversified company offering products and services within the construction sector on a supply only and a supply and install basis. Products such as Architectural Ironmongery, Glazed Doors, Screens and Facades, Automatic Door Systems, Access Control Systems, Specialist Steel Fire Resistant & Security Door Systems. Folding Walls and Partitions form part of a wide and diversified product portfolio. With offices in Dublin, Cork & Belfast KCC Architectural provide market coverage for the 32 counties in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
The successful candidate will be responsible for generating Architectural Specifications for the company’s range of products through Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers and other Professionals in the Construction Industry.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Visiting Architectural practices, Engineering Practices, Quantity Surveyors and Project Management Companies on an ongoing basis and have a knowledge and understanding for the specialist areas in which they operate e.g. Health Care, Educational, Commercial, Residential etc. You will know and understand the projects that these organisations are currently working on at any given time.
- Ensuring that the range of products and services provided by KCC Architectural are specified for use on these projects and are included in Specification documents, Architectural Drawings and Bills of Quantities.
A key part of your role will be to develop a professional working relationship with these organisations and the relevant people in them to ensure that the KCC product range is specified on an ongoing basis on the various projects they are designing or working on.
You will work directly with the Sales & Estimating team in KCC Architectural to ensure that all specifications generated are acted upon internally and that quotations and estimates for the specified products are submitted to the relevant parties in the market and are assigned to the sales team for follow up.
Key Skills & Attributes required:
- A thorough understanding of the workings of the construction sector at design and planning stage.
- Extensive experience of operating within the construction sector at this level.
- It is essential that the appointed candidate will have a detailed knowledge and insight of who the key contacts and decision makers are within the industry.
- The ability to gain open communication and secure meetings with key contacts & decision makers.
- A strong technical background is paramount to the requirements of the role.
- Strong Negotiation & Influencing Skills
- The ability to effectively articulate, understand and converse with architects and consultant engineers
- Communication Skills – at all levels
In return, we are providing the opportunity to join a dynamic organisation at the cutting edge within the construction sector. Offering an interesting and exciting role with the potential to progress long term. We will offer a competitive salary with ongoing training & development.
If interested in applying for the role, please apply in writing with Covering Letter & CV to recruitment@kccarchitectural.
Suitable candidates will receive a response within 7 days